Highlights of our 9 day Disability Kenya Safari Overview:
Name: Disability Kenya Safari
Duration: 9 Days
Start: Nairobi at 7 AM
End: Nairobi at 4 PM
9 day Disability Tour Highlights
- Nairobi City
- Visit Amboseli National Park
- Day at Lake Naivasha (fresh water ) rift valley lake –Boat ride bird spotting
- Lake Nakuru National park
- The Great rift valley escarpment
- Flamingoes, pelicans and other bird species
- Unique accommodation in safari lodges / tented camps
- 2 days at Masai – Mara game reserve
- Game and scenery viewing with the Masai tribes
- Option of Masai village visit at Masai Mara (your safari driver guide shall arrange for this)
- Optional Hot air balloon flight experience at $420 per person
Description of Disability Kenya Safari
A disability Kenya Safari won’t stop you in your tracks apart from jaw-dropping animal encounters and as this nine day accessible safari in Kenya features Amboseli national park, the Serengeti and Lake Nakuru you can rest assured that no stone has been left unturned when it comes to wildlife watching.
Game drives over the savannah plains of Amboseli invite chances to see elephants, lions, zebra and wildebeest in their natural environment as well as stunning views over the snow-capped peaks of the largest mountain on the continent, Mt kilimanjaro.
Vast flocks of flamingos fringing the shores of Lake Nakuru are another of infinite natural highlights with rhinos, buffalos and giraffes all to be found within the park’s perimeters where there’s also every opportunity of spotting lions and leopards both around the lake and tucked away in the forests, cliffs and waterfalls beyond.
Going on a wheelchair safari in the Mara region between July and October presents one of the world’s greatest natural spectacles as over a million wildebeest cross the Mara River from the Serengeti and aim to avoid a whole host of predators in the process.
This is an absolute thrill of a lifetime for wheelchair safari adventurers with crocodiles, cheetahs, jackals and hyenas ramping up excitement levels in an event that might well be described as not for the feint-hearted.
Outside of the wildebeest migration the Mara offers an incredible experience for wheelchair safari travellers with cultural meetings with Maasai people and game drives across the Masai mara national reserve helping you understand the circle of life as told on the plains of East Africa.
9 Day Wheel Chair Accessible Kenya Safari Day-by-day itinerary
DAY 1: NAIROBI
After breakfast you will be collected from your hotel and visit the giraffe feeding centre – a wonderful experience to have giraffes eating from your hand! Continue to the kazuri beads project – specialized in the making of “handmade” and “hand painted” ceramic beads, pottery and leather products – over 350 single mothers in need are employed here. Tour the karen blixen museum and have lunch – return to your hotel for overnight.
DAY 2: NAIROBI – AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
Departure from nairobi early morning– drive towards amboseli national park , check in at the lodge and have lunch , afternoon game-drive – dinner & overnight amboseli national park
DAY 3: AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK
After breakfast drive to the entrance of amboseli national park – game-drive at the park – lunch at ol tukai lodge – afternoon game-drive – dinner & overnight amboseli national park
DAY 4: AMBOSELI NATIONAL PARK – LAKE NAIVASHA
Departure from amboseli after breakfast – proceed to lake naivasha – check in at the lodge and have lunch – afternoon at own leisure – take a nice walk in the beautiful gardens of the lodge where giraffes, zebra’s and antilopes come to graze – dinner & overnight lake naivasha
DAY 5: LAKE NAIVASHA – LAKE NAKURU – LAKENAIVASHA
Game-drive in Lake Nakuru national park with lunch in one of the lodges – return to Naivasha in the afternoon – dinner & overnight Lake Naivasha
DAY 6: LAKE NAIVASHA – MASAI MARA
Early departure from Naivasha – today you will visit one of the world’s most famous national reserves – the Masai Mara, drive of about 6 hours , lunch at the camp – afternoon game-drive – dinner & overnight at the Masai Mara National Reserve
DAY 7- 8: MASAI MARA NATIONAL RESERVE
Spend two full days in the Masai Mara with game-drives according to your wishes and in agreement with our driver guide – return to the camp for lunch or spend the day on game-drive with a packed lunch in the bush. During these two days you will have the opportunity to visit a Masai village which gives you a good idea on their culture and way of living dinner & overnight Masai Mara National Reserve
DAY 9: MASAI MARA – NAIROBI
Today’s program will depend a little on your flight details or extension program, you could fly from the Mara straight to the coast for a few days relaxing at the beach or drive back to Nairobi and to be dropped off at the airport to fly back home.
End of the 9 Wheel Chair Accessible Safari Jamboree experience
- Transport to and from Nairobi to Arusha or Kilimanjaro Airport then to Moshi town and back
- Transport from your hotel to the Park Gate,
- Marangu route trek as itinerary depicts
- All services begin and end at Nairobi / Kilimanjaro Airport as per the itinerary
- Accommodation and 3 meal plan while in mountain huts or tents when camping
- Service of an English speaking professional Mountain guide on the mountain, porters and skilled cook together with treated water on the trek
- All National Park entrance and camp site fees, Rescue fees, Hut fees,
- All food – breakfasts, lunches (packed if necessary) and evening meals prepared by our own cook
- Return airport transfers from / to Nairobi / Kilimanjaro Airport
- Travel and personal accident insurance
- Tips, Visas, International flights and taxes
- Personal hiking equipment-sleeping bags, boots etc
- Expenditure on all drinks
- Medical evacuation insurance
- Items of a personal nature and any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary